Saturday, December 17, 2016

Tomato soup!

You all have seen my recipe for my homemade garden vegetable tomato soup, right!  Well if you haven't then go through my blog and take a look.  It is so delicious.

Today's post is about my second batch of this soup using the tomato juice that I canned with my mom last summer.  I thought I would mix it up a bit and I sure was glad I did because it only got better.

I had some refrigerated ravioli's stuffed with spinach and ricotta.  I boiled them in some of my wonderful frozen chicken broth and threw in a handful of fresh parsley.

I used a slotted spoon to put the ravioli's in a big boil and then put the tomato soup over the top.  Wow, it was so good. 

I reserved that broth for another kind of soup.

I served it with some hot crunchy sour dough bread and a glass of red wine.  Enjoy!


Now I am off to bake some Christmas cookies!  Have a great day!

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment