Thursday, August 24, 2017

Gardening

Happy Thursday!  I just wanted to share some of the things I have been doing with my gardens lately!
It is that time of year to be harvesting the tomatoes and peppers.  So far I have made stuffed peppers, pasta sauce, just plain tomatoes.  Yesterday I cooked up some and made one jar of whole Roma's with juice and lots of basil and then a batch of salsa.  I like trying different things so each of my jars of plain tomatoes have a large whole basil leave in it.  I have also done up 14 jars of dill pickles. 4 different batches marked with the recipe for each one.  I wanted to see witch one we liked best.

Isn't this basket cute?  I found it at a little antique store in Ludington MI a couple of weeks ago.

 My Roma's are huge this year.  This is the first big one I picked but I have picked larger ones since this.

 I love these little pickling cucumbers!


And here is the finished product.  Just the first batch.

 Here I just wanted to show you a couple of my Glads!


 Here is the most beautiful butterfly I saw in my yard this year. It just loved this plant and came back day after day.

Well that's it for today.  Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment