Saturday, September 23, 2017

Fall in Michigan???

Happy Saturday and the second day of fall.  I usually don't complain about the heat here in Michigan.  I haven't ran the air condition for about 3 weeks and now for the last few days, it is going non stop.  95 degrees on the first day of fall.  That is just crazy!  The one thing I love about it is that I haven't pulled up all my pepper or tomato plants and my peppers are going crazy.  I have bell and hot peppers galore.  I am so happy I froze some blanched tomatoes because I am going to make some super hot sauce.

I think I will just share a few veggie garden pictures today to give you something to think about over the next few months.

 This part of the garden will be raised next year.  I filled the first section of raised with nothing but mine and my mom's compost and organic garden soil.  It made a huge difference in my plants from previous years.
 I still have one Roma plant with 3 green tomatoes.  I'm hoping this heat will ripen them up.


 Sweet basil is my favorite!
 This is lime basil.  I have dried some of it but I haven't really used any yet.
 I planted some garlic bulbs in the block holes a week ago.  I hope they do good.  It is a great space saver.

 The green onions did great in the holes.  I had them in 4 different ones and I am still pulling them up.
I hope you enjoy your weekend and please follow my blog and don't forget for all your paper crafting needs.  Go to  paperdivas.ctmh.com.

Hugs, Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment