Monday, September 11, 2017

More garden news!

Happy Monday !  I was just going through all of the pictures I took this summer of my veggie garden and I thought I would share a few today.

I hope everyone is safe from Hurricane Irma and your homes didn't get much damage.  I've seen that a lot of cars were damaged by trees.

At the beginning of the growing season, I took a picture of this tomato plant growing out of the side of my compost bin.
Now at the end of the season my bin is surrounded by what I call garden donors!  These are all cherry tomatoes that have just grown up on there own.  I have probably gotten 2 gallon bags full of them so far.  The first picture is what the above plant looks like now and the second is the other side of the bin where about four plants grew.

There is a beautiful dill growing there too.  I also have a nice little frog living under these plants.  He hides when I come out but sings to me from his hiding place.

Well that's it for today!  Come back tomorrow for a look at some tomato plants and the canning I did with them.

Hugs,  Ronda


2 comments:

  1. Mom always called them "self-starters."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. last year I had a bunch of squash from the compost! It is always a mystery!

      Delete